The Neuroscience Institute has an expansive outreach program. Our faculty, postdocs, and graduate students engage in educational activities that bring the excitement of neuroscience to middle and high school students, as well undergrads. The Neuroscience Institute also runs programs that help train the next generation of K-12 science teachers. For an overview of some of our programs, see our outreach poster presented at this year’s Society for Neuroscience
Our formal programs are:
- The NET/work program, which increases the neuroscience research opportunities for undergraduate students from underrepresented groups at regional colleges.
- The ION program, which introduces high school students and teachers to neuroscience practice and theory.
Our year-round brain awareness & outreach are:
- k-12 Classroom Visits (see contact below)
- Onsite Mobile Booths at Fernbank & Zoo Atlanta
- Annual Alzheimer’s Memory Walk
- K-12 Teacher Training
This year’s Brain Awareness is being run by graduate student Katie Partrick.