B&B Summer Scholars Go Virtual
The B&B Summer Scholars Program has awarded its 2020 B&B Scholarships to 19 undergraduates. The Scholars program provides summer fellowships to selected GSU undergraduates to support their research efforts in faculty laboratories.
This year, our summer cohort will engage in distance learning via interactive virtual training workshops centered on their professional development in our new program Going the Distance.
Going the Distance: A Virtual Workshops Series on Professional Development
Researchers and program leaders here at Georgia State University are offering other Program Directors this curriculum for a virtual workshop series on professional development for undergraduate researchers in the biomedical and behavioral sciences. The effort is motivated by shared goals to maintain student progress toward independent research careers despite the COVID19 pandemic.
The program’s Leadership Team is powered by 75 combined years of education and training experience, with focus on recruitment and retention of students from underrepresented groups. And we are strengthened by nationally-recognized leaders serving on an External Advisory Board and providing video-content for the workshops.
Sample assignments and overviews are posted as PDFs here. New samples will be added daily through May 8. If you are a program director interested in this curriculum, use these samples to decide about jumping on board the workshop series.
2020 B&B Scholars
- Kenki Velenzona Cabahug (Forger) NEURO
- Ari McNeil (Forger) NEURO
- Kathryn Whitley (Parent) NEURO
- Adaugo Okpareke (Parent) NEURO
- Sydney Ross (Murphy) NEURO
- Malika Pandit (Murphy) NEURO
- Jade Christman (Petrulis) NEURO
- Kelsey Clark (Yang) KINESIOLOGY
- Myah Vogt (Beran) PSYCH
- Isbah Nasir (Carruth) NEURO
- Shivaanii Uma (Carruth) NEURO
- Savitha Narayanaswa (King) PSYCH
- Nitheyaa Shree (Mabb) NEURO
- Sara Correa (Derby) NEURO
- Jais Matta (Cox) NEURO
- Natoli Bora (Frantz) NEURO
- Doyal Datta (Frantz) NEURO
- Praful Gade (Anderson) PSYCH
- Caitlin Ray (Laures-Gore) COMMUNICATION SCI & DISORDERS