If you don’t have physical access to confirm your computer’s name but still need to connect to it for remote desktop email University Research Centers Technology at [email protected] with its room number and short description. Otherwise, if you already have physical access to the computer follow this guide.
- Search Start Menu for “About your PC” and select it
- Your PC’s name which you can use remote desktop to connect to is Full device name
- Open System Preferences and select Sharing
- Your Mac’s name appears at the top of Sharing preferences
- The address you will want to connect to is your Mac’s name plus .dyn.gsu.edu
- For example, if your Mac’s name is ni-sle1234-p123 connect to ni-sle1234-p123.dyn.gsu.edu