LAB FILE SHARES
Neuroscience Technology hosts over 20 on-premises file shares for labs. Request access to your lab's file share by emailing your PI and Ryan Sleeth at [email protected].
Connecting from a Neuroscience Computer?
FILE SHARES ARE AUTOMATICALLY MAPPED IN WINDOWS AS THE L: DRIVE
ON MACS FILE SHARE SHORTCUTS ARE PLACED IN /APPLICATIONS/NEUROSCIENCE FILE SERVER
Continue reading this guide if you’re connecting from a personal computer.
- All computers connecting to Neuroscience file shares must have antivirus installed; including personal computers!
- For users with @gsu.edu email addresses (graduates being paid a stipend are considered staff) Cylance for Home is provided by GSU. For students without @gsu.edu email addresses there are many free antivirus suites such as Avast
- [OPTIONAL] If off-campus you first need to connect to the GSU virtual private network (VPN)
- Search Start Menu for “Run” and open the Run app
- Enter \\fs.ni.gsu.edu\yourShare substituting yourShare with your PI’s last name (for example: \\fs.ni.gsu.edu\Doe) and click OK
- When prompted to authenticate enter your username as GSUAD\yourCampusID and password (for example: GSUAD\jdoe)
DO NOT check “Remember my credentials” as Window’s poor management of saved credentials can have your personal computer incorrectly flagged as an attacker when your campus ID password changes
- Open Finder and in the top menu bar click Go then select Connect to Server
- Enter smb://fs.ni.gsu.edu/yourShare substituting yourShare with your PI’s last name (for example: smb://fs.ni.gsu.edu/Doe) and click Connect
- When prompted to authenticate enter your username as GSUAD\yourCampusID (for example: GSUAD\jdoe) and password
Neuroscience Institute Director
Dr. Dan Cox
Associate Director of Brains & Behavior Program
Liz Weaver, M.S.
Interdisciplinary Committee Chair
Dr. Sarah Brosnan
880 Petit Science Center
100 Piedmont Avenue SE
Atlanta, GA, 30303
USPS Mailing Address:
Georgia State University
PO Box 5030
Atlanta, GA 30302-5030