Basic Local Alignment Search Tool (BLAST) is a service provided through a partnership of the Center for Neuromics and the Center for Behavioral Neuroscience. These are sequences generated by researchers in the Neuroscience Institute at Georgia State University.
Key for files:
Select the FASTA File that you would like to BLAST your sequence against. If you publish your BLAST results, please cite the appropriate source as listed.
- HermT.TSA.FLT.fasta – Hermissenda crassicornis trimmed brain transcriptome
- Cite: Tamvacakis AN, Senatore A, Katz PS (2015) Identification of genes related to learning and memory in the brain transcriptome of the mollusc, Hermissenda crassicornis. Learn Mem. 22(12):617-21. PubMed: 26572652.
- TritT.TSA.FLT.fasta – Tritonia diomedea trimmed brain transcriptome
- Cite: Senatore A, Edirisinghe N, Katz PS (2105) Deep mRNA sequencing of the Tritonia diomedea brain transcriptome provides access to gene homologues for neuronal excitability, synaptic transmission and peptidergic signalling. PLoS One. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0118321.
The following files will be published in the upcoming manuscript: Single neuron serotonin receptor subtype gene expression correlates with behavior within and across species. Authors: A.N. Tamvacakis, A. Senatore, P.S. Katz. DOI/Pubmed ID: TBA
- PleuT.TSA.FLT.fasta – Pleurobranchaea californica trimmed brain transcriptome
- Trit.C2.combined.fasta – Tritonia diomedea assembly for single identified neuron C2, combined from five single assemblies
- Herm.C2.combined.fasta – Hermissenda crassicronis assembly for single identified neuron C2, combined from five single assemblies
- Pleu.C2.nonswim.fasta – Pleurobranchaea californica assembly for single identified neuron C2, from a single non-swimming brain preparation
- Pleu.C2.swim.fasta – Pleurobranchaea californica assembly for single identified neuron C2, from a single swimming brain preparation
If you would like to have your FASTA files included in this BLAST server, please contact Rob Poh.
Special thanks to Adriano Senatore for initiating this service.